As the OpenStack ecosystem experiences consolidation of OpenStack providers, the landscape of tools, platforms, and vendor-provided hardware/software solutions above and below the stack continues to grow. While the variety of OpenStack-compatible technologies means that users and consumers have a tremendous amount of choice, it also presents an ever-expanding set of decisions that must be made by both users and providers of commercial OpenStack Solutions. In this session, panelists will discuss:
- The balance between flexibility/choice and vendor lock-in
- Building loosely coupled/independent services versus fully supported/validated full-stack solutions
- The impact of PaaS, containers, APIs, and application deployment/management methods
- Barriers to exit and switching costs
- Emerging technologies and what the community can do to ease adoption and impact for users, operators, and providers
This is a must-attend session for those building OpenStack clouds, whether you’re building your own or building commercial solutions.
Niki Acosta, Cisco Cloud Evangelist.
- Shamail Tahir, Cloud Architect, EMC Office of the CTO
- André Bearfield, Senior Director of Product, Blue Box
- Aaron Delp, Technical Solutions Director, SolidFire