Deploying, managing, and maintaining an OpenStack powered cloud are a part of daily life for every operator. In this panel, we will take a critical view of the various options that are available for building an OpenStack cloud. Is DIY the best path or are there trade-offs? Should you be concerned with vendor lock-in if leveraging a distribution? What considerations should you take into account when deciding between the two options of DIY or Distribution? Why, or why not, would you consider using a hosted OpenStack solution? Join users operating OpenStack clouds to hear their take on these essential questions and as they discuss the good, the bad, and the ugly with each path to a building a successful OpenStack powered organization.
In this session, panelists will discuss:
- Lessons learned in OpenStack deployment at scale
- Pros and Cons for each approach
- Tools and technologies for deploying and scaling applications and infrastructure
- PaaS, Containers, Hybrid Applications: What comes next?
Niki Acosta, Cisco Cloud Evangelist
- Gerd Prüßmann, Deutsche Telekom
- Subbu Allamaraju, Ebay
- Edgar Magana, Workday