GMO Internet started using OpenStack in 2011 for their internal deployment. Through this experience, they deployed OpenStack to start their public cloud services as the following.
- Onamae VPS (Domain Name service) in 2012
- ConoHa (Hosting Service) in 2013- GMO Application Cloud in 2014
- Onamae.com Cloud (IaaS Cloud Server) in 2014
- ConoHa (Renewal for Hosting Service) in 2015
Currently, GMO Internet is using Diablo, Grizzly, Havana, Juno.
In this session, we will explain how GMO Internet deployed OpenStack into our Public Cloud service for “ConoHa” and “GMO Application Cloud”. We will show the technical background, what components of OpenStack is actually used in those services and how those deployment brought the advantage to the service.
- Why we chose OpenStack
- Architecture of ConoHa back end infrastructure
- 2 different deployment of OpenStack for those 2 public cloud services